How to Start a Dropshipping Business with Shopify?
Ecommerce stores are very trendy these days. Dropshipping is the next move of ecommerce store. Dropshipping is an ecommerce store that uses a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers the customer orders and shipment details to either the wholesaler or manufacturer or any other retailer, who then fulfills the products directly to the customer. This way retailer makes profit by setting up a profit percentage on it’s own store. But, how to start a dropshipping business with shopify.
There’s so many people that doesn’t know about it and how it works. They wanted to take a start in dropshipping business but couldn’t as they aren’t clear enough about it and how it works. So, here’s I am going to show all how to start a dropshipping business with shopify.
So, How to Start a Dropshipping Business with Shopify?
There are few important things to learn before you start dropshipping business.
- Store Platform (which one to choose?)
- Brand & Domain Name (how to choose?)
- Products to Sell (whether to start a niche store or general store)
- Theme & Design of the Store
- Automate Dropshipping with Oberlo
- Facebook Ads Campaigns
Let’s dive into the depth of each part to start dropshipping business.
1. Store Platform (which one to choose?)
This is a beginning part of your dropshipping business which is very important know. There are many different platforms on which you can start your dropshipping business. You should know which one is good to go with for your business.
- Choose Shopify for your dropshipping business platform. It’s perfect for a dropshipping business.
- Sign up for shopify account and start your free 14 days trial.
- After trial you can choose a plan according to your needs. You can select one of your choice. In start, you can go with Basic Shopify plan. As you store grows and needs to be upgraded, you can switch to any other package.
- If you are unaware of working with shopify, you can follow a complete guide on how to create a shopify store here.
2. Brand & Domain Name (how to choose?)
Choosing a brand name is very important when it comes to business whether it’s online or offline. Brand name is your business identity. So, how to choose a brand name and domain. here’s few instructions to follow.
- Choose a name which looks natural. Like animals, birds, nature etc. i.e: leopardpicks.com.
- Do not include the words like shop or store, as we are making our brand name not a super store only.
- Choose a domain name which is easy to speak and understand.
- Domain name should be 1 to 3 words long only.
- Do not choose a domain name with numeric characters and hyphens in it.
- Always use SSL certificate as it makes users to trust your site as secure.
3. Products to Sell (whether to start a niche store or general store)
Products selection is a tough choice to make as this will be the reason of your store’s success or failure. Decide carefully what you want to sell and how much profit you can make on it. How to choose products to sell, here’s few instructions to follow.
- First of all, think about the store type, whether you only want to sell one niche product (only apparels) or you want to target different type of products like apparels, gadgets, health etc all in one. This is a very confusing choice every other dropshipper have. If you make a niche store, it may have more up sells than the general store as it’s completely about one product but if your one product doesn’t perform well, you have no choice to change it as it’s your niche store. So here’s why I like to go with general store. Advantage of starting a general store is, if one product doesn’t perform well, we can try other one.
- Once you decide which type of store it is, find out hot and trending products in that niche.
- To find out hot selling products, go to AliExpress Best selling page and choose different products which might interest the buyers.
- Also search on facebook which products have high influence and reactions.
- Once you find out the hot and trendy products, save their links as we will need it later in the next steps.
- Make sure to choose the products that offer ePacket shipping service. This is the only affordable and speedy service that we need. So, make sure to select those products which offer this service.
4. Theme & Design of the Store
First impression is the last impression, so make your first good impression of the store on the buyer. If it goes good, success is on it’s way. There are few things to keep in mind how the design should look like.
- Always use a clean and simple design that doesn’t make any complexity for the even non technical users.
- Show simple navigation bar to navigate to different sections of the website easily.
- Choose a theme with these 3 features Look, Urgency & Up sell popups.
- Always use secure payments badge on the product page. It’ll develop a trust between buyers and your store.
5. Automate Dropshipping with Oberlo
This is a basic plugin for dropshipping that makes shopify automatic to get orders and then sends it to manufacturers by just 1 click.
- Go to Apps in Shopify and search for Oberlo.
- Install it and it will take you to dashboard automatically if you’re signed in with your shopify store.
- Now install Oberlo chrome extension from the chrome app store.
- Once it’s installed go to AliExpress and paste the saved links of the AliExpress products one by one.
- Click on any of the highlighted button to import it to your oberlo products list.
- Once you’re done with adding all your saved products from the AliExpress, go to Oberlo dashboard and navigate to Products > Import Products from the left pane of the menu. You will see all the imported products here. Simply hit the Push to Store button and it will be posted to your shopify store.
- Finally, your store is ready to launch. Now just remove the password page from your shopify dashboard and your store is live to get orders.
6. Facebook Ads Campaigns
Here comes the final part to engage people and to turn them into buyers. This might take some time to get your first buyer but be patient and run ads campaigns by following the instructions mentioned below.
- Choose different products to run ad campaigns on. Running a single product might fail but running multiple ad campaigns on different products would give us a winning product that will generate revenue for us.
- Learn completely about how to run facebook ads campaigns here.
As we come to know about how to start a dropshipping business with shopify, here’s quick summary of each point.
- Choose Shopify as Store Platform.
- Choose a name which looks natural as a brand. Like animals, birds, nature etc.
- Find out hot selling products for your store.
- Store’s look should b clean and appealing.
- Automate dropshipping with Oberlo shopify app.
- Run facebook ads to get potential buyers.
These are all the things you should need to know before you start a dropshipping business with shopify.